We are a trusted Business Services and Staffing Company
What is the Internet of Things?
IoT is a giant, digitally connected universe of billions of physical devices around the world; “things” that collect and share data about how they’re used and the environment around them. These objects are embedded with internet connectivity, software, sensors, and other hardware that enable them to connect and exchange data with other systems and devices over the web.
IoT extends the power of the internet beyond smartphones and computers to ordinary household objects such as lightbulbs, locks, smart microwaves, wearable fitness devices, sophisticated industrial tools, and self-driving cars, affording them a higher degree of analytical and computing capabilities.
How automation is connecting the IoT devices
- IoT has many uses; however, it depends on key technologies and components to connect devices to the internet, such as:
- Sensors to collect the data from the environment for the IoT system to process it
- Connection and identification from the device to the IoT system through an IP address
- Actuators that allow the devices to take action based on data from their own sensors and network feedback
- IoT gateway to bridge data from the different devices to reach the cloud. It also translates the devices’ protocols into one standard protocol and filters out unnecessary data from the devices.
- The cloud, where all data from the IoT devices is gathered and processed by software
- User interface, from where users get the data from the devices so that they can make the required commands that the devices need to execute
Automation ties all these components together and ensures that processes work smoothly without the involvement of a human being.
SGT undergoes home automation in various fields
The advantages of automation in IoT
- Automation offers many advantages to your business processes using IoT.
- Increased uptime
- Operational efficiency
- Efficient building functionality
- Improve safety compliance
- Strengthen access control
- Enhance customer insights
- Boost conversions
- Improve operations in the public sector
- Healthcare benefits
- Benefits in agriculture
- Benefits for consumers