ELECTRONIC MANUFACTURING (RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT)
We are a trusted Business Services and Staffing Company
R&D Electronics is a proven supplier of complex electronic assemblies to the Department and their prime contractors. customers have relied on R&D Electronics to support their programs from Development through Production.
Research and development (R&D) includes activities that companies undertake to innovate and introduce new products and services. It is often the first stage in the development process. The goal is typically to take new products and services to market and add to the company’s bottom line.
Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) is a term used for companies that design, manufacture, test, distribute, and provide return/repair services for electronic components and assemblies for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). The concept is also referred to as Electronics Contract Manufacturing (ECM).
A soldered joint used to attach a wire to the pin of a component on the rear of a printed
- Learn the basics of electronic manufacturing flow.
- Learn why PCB designers need to understand electronic manufacturing flow.
- Explore methods to optimize PCBs for manufacturability.
As a PCB designer, it is valuable to have an understanding of the behind-the-scenes basics of electronic manufacturing workflow After all, it is still heavily connected to electronics design. Knowing what goes on in the manufacturing flow helps me to optimize my designs for better manufacturability.
Electronic Manufacturing Flow
- PCB Fabrication
- Components Procurement
- PCB Assembly
How to Optimize Your Design for Manufacturing?
- Ensure the fiducial markers and tooling strips are in place.
- Take note of the designators for the components and be sure they are placed near the footprints and are clearly visible.
- Try not to put components near the edge of the PCB.
- Keep SMT components on the same layer, as it reduces stencil cost and assembly time.
- Communicate clearly at the start of the project. It helps if you understand the requirements and constraints of the manufacturer before designing the PCB.
- Provide accurate files and inform the assembler of any important instructions.